R2R Festival / COVID-19 Health and Safety Measures
Reel 2 Real’s top priority is the safety and well-being of the public audience, workshop participants, teachers and parent chaperones. Participants will be reminded to follow social distancing guidelines. All activities will follow BC’s current Health Guidelines.
- For School programs (April 4-8 & 11-13): NOT REQUIRED. Following the Order of the Provincial Health Officer (Feb 16): Proof of Vaccination “does not apply to (a) a person under 12 years of age, or (b) a person 12 to 21 years of age who is participating in a program for children or youth [,… including] a structured educational program not provided by a school, including music, art, drama”.
- For Public events (April 3, 9 & 10): REQUIRED. Anyone over 12 years of age attending a public screening or event at the Reel 2 Real Festival must present proof of vaccination (2 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine) to be scanned on entry to the venue and one piece of Government issued I.D. Your booster dose does not currently affect your Vaccine Card.
- All staff members and visitors ages 6+ are HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to wear a mask indoors to be respectful of the staff, instructors, other school groups and public audience members.
- No one will be permitted to attend screenings or workshops if they are exhibiting any symptoms of a cold, flu or COVID-19, such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, or have been required to self-isolate.
- There will be a focus on regular cleaning of high-contact areas.
- All equipment for the animation workshops will be cleaned and sanitized after use.
- Students and visitors will be encouraged to practice hand hygiene before and after using frequently touched pieces of equipment.
Reel 2 Real
International Film Festival for Youth
225 West 8th Ave. Vancouver, BC V5Y 1N3
© Copyright 1998-2020 Reel 2 Real: A Celebration of Moving Images for Youth Society. All Rights Reserved.