R2R Festival 2023
Reel 2 Real celebrates the 25th anniversary of the festival from March 28 to April 6, 2023!
The festival is back in person to bring you the best of the best films for children and their families from around the globe at the Roundhouse Community Centre and VIFF Centre Theatre. We’re also happy to announce that all our short films programs will be available online across B.C (no feature film available online).
For our 25th Anniversary we are paying homage to the roots of the festival and the Edith Lando Peace Prize, which has celebrated films that use the medium of cinema to advance the goals of peace and justice since 2008. These themes can be found in many of the films and programs this year and clearly align with the zeitgeist of young people’s attitudes and focus.
The in-person events and screenings will take place in Vancouver at the Roundhouse Community Centre in Yaletown, and the VIFF Centre Theatre. We’re excited to welcome you back to the cinema! Check the R2R 2023 Schedule.
- Single Tickets:
- Regular screenings: Adult (19+) $11 | Child/Youth/Senior (65+) $9
- Opening Night & Party: Adult (19+) $15 | Child/Youth/Senior (65+) $12
- Sunday Fun Day: $7 per person – includes breakfast, screenings, workshops
- Youth Filmmakers Showcase: Adult (19+) $9 | Child/Youth/Senior (65+) $7 – includes the short films program and YFS Awards Ceremony
- In-person Passes:
- Single-Parent Pass: $25 unlimited pass for one adult and one child or youth. Valid at all regular Festival screenings (excluding Opening Night)
- Family Pass: $47 unlimited pass for a family of four. Valid at all regular Festival screenings (excluding Opening Night)
- School Programs: please see details for Elementary & High School Programs
R2R SHORTS ONLINE
All our short films programs are also presented on Eventive, a world class platform that is easy to navigate. You will need to purchase a pass and will receive an ‘online ticket’ to redeem for each short film program you want to watch. You will be able to view the unlocked films as many times you desire; however, once you unlock a film with your festival pass, you only have 48 hours to watch it.
- Access for a household is $40: Purchase here
- Access for a single class is $75 (price includes educational materials): Register your Elementary or High School class
A big thank you to our funders, sponsors, and supporters who make it possible to keep our prices affordable for youth and families.
The Reel to Real Society is based in the city of Vancouver, located on the unceded xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish) and Tsleil-Waututh territories. We are devoting ourselves to justice, in recognition of the role of the arts as a vehicle for social change. You can learn more at native-land.ca.
Reel 2 Real
International Film Festival for Youth
225 West 8th Ave. Vancouver, BC V5Y 1N3
© Copyright 1998-2020 Reel 2 Real: A Celebration of Moving Images for Youth Society. All Rights Reserved.