Become our Social Media Coordinator!
The Reel to Real International Film Festival for Youth is a non-profit registered charity dedicated to showing the best in culturally diverse, authentic programming for youth. Reel to Real presents an annual film festival, the Reel 2 Real International Film Festival for Youth, and media arts programming year-round.
The Reel 2 Real International Film Festival for Youth (R2R) presents an annual Film Festival in Vancouver. We are seeking an experienced Social Media Coordinator to oversee social media and digital communications from February through April 2023. Reporting to the Festival Manager, the Social Media Coordinator will develop a detailed calendar for cross-platform postings. We’re looking for someone with a strong interest in film to broaden and enhance R2R’s social media reach. The candidate should have experience researching, writing, proofreading and editing all content.
– Research target market
– Develop and implement a social media strategy and curate engaging content for social media platforms
– Attend events and produce live social media content during the festival (March 28 – April 6, 2023)
– Collaborate with the festival manager to create a social media calendar
– Audience building through, but not limited to, strategic outreach partnerships and event messaging
– Create graphic content for social media channels
– A degree in Marketing/Journalism/Communications or a related field
– 2+ years work experience in marketing and communications in a similar role
– Previous experience in the Arts sector is an asset
– Interest in cinema, animation films and youth education
– Awareness of, or interest in local and global social justice movements is an asset
– Understanding how to apply anti-racism, anti-oppressive principles to marketing and communications
– A thorough understanding of the technologies and tools specific to the development of websites, apps, third-party software, and social media platforms
– Ability to conduct analytical assessments of website and social media data/reporting
– Knowledge of industry best practices, trends, and user expectations
– Proficiency in WordPress, Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Twitter, YouTube, Google Adwords, Google Suite, SEO, Canva Pro
– Ability and willingness to work some weekends and evenings as part of a modified work schedule/plan during the March/April Festival, including attendance at events
– Strong ability to effectively share ideas and take initiative
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
$20-25/h depending on qualifications. This is a flexible part-time position with variable hours in February, with increased number of hours as the festival gets closer.