Join our Team!
The Reel 2 Real International Film Festival for Youth (R2R) presents an annual Film Festival in Vancouver. We are seeking an experienced Social Media Coordinator to oversee social media and digital communications from February through April 2022. Reporting to the Festival Manager, the Social Media Coordinator will develop a detailed calendar for cross-platform postings. We’re looking for someone with a strong interest in film to broaden and enhance R2R’s social media reach. The candidate should be based in Vancouver and have experience researching, writing, proofreading and editing all content.
- Research target market
- Develop and implement a social media strategy and curate engaging content for social media platforms
- Attend events and produce live social media content
- Collaborate with the festival manager to create a social media calendar
- Audience building through, but not limited to, strategic outreach partnerships and event messaging
- Create graphic content for social media channels
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A degree in Marketing/Journalism/Communications or a related field
- 2+ years work experience in marketing and communications in a similar role
- Previous experience in the Arts sector is an asset
- Interest in cinema, animation films and youth education
- Awareness of, or interest in local and global social justice movements is an asset
- Understanding how to apply anti-racism and anti-oppressive principles to marketing and communications is an asset
- A thorough understanding of the technologies and tools specific to the development of websites, apps, third-party software, and social media platforms
- Ability to conduct analytical assessments of website and social media data/reporting
- Knowledge of industry best practices, trends, and user expectations
- Proficiency in WordPress, Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Twitter, YouTube, Google Adwords, Google Suite, SEO
- Ability and willingness to work some weekends and evenings as part of a modified work schedule/plan during the April Festival
- Strong ability to effectively share ideas and take initiative
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Remuneration: $20-25/h depending on qualifications. This is a flexible part-time position with variable hours in February, with increased number of hours as the festival gets closer.